St. Ekaterina Hospice » About us
St. Ekaterina Hospice
24, "Assen Raztsvetnikov" Str
0898 528 209 – Dr. Nesho Velkov
0899 812 801 – Reneta Yolova
Medical Facility with a Home-Like Atmosphere
St. Ekaterina Hospice is a certified medical facility in accordance with all the requirements of the Bulgarian law. It is a newly build, self-contained residence with a private yard situated in an eco-friendly neighborhood overlooking Vitosha mountain. The building is constructed with modern materials; it has PVC isolation, PVC double glazed windows, and central heating.
Our inpatient unit has 9 rooms with 7 bathrooms with toilets, living and dining areas, a fully equipped manipulation room, a cabinet with waiting and reception rooms, and service areas.
In order to ensure the security of your loved ones all rooms are equipped with a 24 hour video surveillance system. There is internet access and a TV set in each room.
Hospice Medical Director: Dr. Nesho Velkov
- Neurologist at the First General Hospital - Sofia
- Over 15 years of clinical experience in intensive care for neurological diseases (Medical Academy - Sofia) and emergency neurology and neurosurgery (University Hospital Queen Yoanna)
- 15 years of teaching experience as a Neurology Professor training students and specializing MD's
- Assistant Professor at the Department of Neurology of Medical University -Sofia
- Author of more than 35 scholarly articles and publications
Patient Care Manager: Reneta Yolova
- Masters degree in Medical Care Management from Medical University – Sofia
- Instructor at the Medical College for Nurses
- Bachelors Degree in Medical Care Management
- Professional Institute affiliated to Medical University – Sofia
Registered Nurses and Qualified Caregivers
- Experience in neurological and intensive care departments
- Trained in working with both elderly patients and patients in critical condition